1.24.2010

Right Here Waiting

1. This post will never be as cool as the first post for ONE of the following reasons (Pick One):
  • When I wrote the last post, I was high on AWESOME
  • When you read my last post, you were HIGH like Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
  • This post is true whereas the previous post was filled with lies
  • This post is filled with lies whereas the previous post was true
  • This post is a list of unrelated items in no particular order for no particular reason
  • I'm not wearing a suit. Barney would be disappointed
  • Your socks are too tight
2. RROD had an asterisk in my last post but I never explained why. For those of you without the patience to look back, RROD stands for Red Ring of Death. It is a common ailment of dying XBOX 360 consoles. It is manifest in a few symptoms: XBOX won't start, the ring of four lights around the power button turn red (not always all the lights, but some combination) and the XBOX owner begins to cry even though they just got some of the coolest games ever. In my XBOX's case, three of the lights were red, I did cry even though I just got some of the coolest games ever and my XBOX didn't start*. Three lights means that the console has to take a trip to Tennessee to be repaired which takes a few weeks, but feels like months to those left behind.

3. Did you notice that I put an asterisk next to the word 'start' above? I'm not going to wait until my next post to explain this time. I'm referring to the magic touch of my wife and it's effect on the XBOX's dead body. When I first told Shalynn that my XBOX was dead she was at work and because of how I had acted before about my brothers XBOX 360 Elite she thought I was just trying to get a newer XBOX. After convincing her that I was indeed telling the truth, being the awesome wife that she is, she told me I could get a new one if we 'needed' to. Of course that idea was bitter sweet to me. New console equals new expenses. So I researched and ended up getting a free repair order from Microsoft.

As soon as Shalynn arrived home from work that evening, I tried to show her what was wrong with my XBOX seeing as she had never seen a RROD and she was curious. I made a big mistake however... I let her turn it on (she's good at that sort of thing) and of course, the XBOX lights up to life, no red lights or anything. She went immediately to believing I had been pulling her leg the whole time. I played a round or two of Modern Warfare 2 on Live before turning it back off. Then for extra measure I tried again to turn it on: FAIL. I tried again and again and it would not turn on without the RROD blocking me. We decided that Shalynn should try to turn the console on again... and it worked! Shalynn's magic touch turned it on again! We were only able to repeat that a few times before she couldn't make it work again and we eventually sent it on its way the next morning. But I am still convinced that Shalynn could have revived it if she had wanted to. She just wanted a few week break from the thing, which is understandable.

4. Shalynn's sister Megan just had a baby boy this week! His name is Logan and he is absolutely adorable! He is 8lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long. We got to see him the evening he was born (January 21st) and again on Saturday evening (the 23rd). He gets to come home today and that will be way cool for his parents and for us (he'll be closer now).

We also got an amazing announcement yesterday: Corrine, another of Shalynn's sisters, is Pregnant! Its so exciting to have more babies on their way.

5. I am upset. I know that the previous 'tidbits' of information have been generally happy, this will not be. Please observe the image below:


This is the UPS tracking of my dear friend back to me. This emergency shipment was sent UPS GROUND, which is infuriating enough, but take a closer look at the image above. What is even more frustrating and saddening is that even though my XBOX returned to Utah on Friday night, I still do not have it in my hands. The XBOX arrived on early early Saturday morning and there is no way for me to get it. I called, I begged, I threw my money in their faces and I even threatened, but there was no way I could get my XBOX on Saturday. Instead, I have to wait like a good little boy and hope that UPS decides to deliver it Monday instead of postponing its arrival another day for no reason.

6. Did you know that in 1998, Sony accidentally sold 700,000 camcorders that had the technology to see through clothes?

Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain
...
I took for granted, all the times
That I though would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can't get near you now
...
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You rock! I did NOT know about the camcorders, but I wish I had one. How awesome would that be?

    ReplyDelete