6.22.2010

Tell Me


I love motivational quotes. I love to read inspiring stories and I love the feeling I get when I witness an incredible feat. I love hearing and seeing people go beyond their limits and destroy all assumptions. They make me dream. They make me wish I were better, and imagine that I can be.

There are many Videos on YouTube that motivate and inspire. Among them, some of my favorites are Michael Jordan Commercials. If you watch the video above and follow the related videos links, you will find all sorts of awesome speeches and commercials with Michael Jordan. Some may not remember or know how exceptional he was at basketball, but I do. I hated him when he destroyed the Utah Jazz seemingly on his own. The thing that frustrated me the most was a game late in the playoffs one year. The Chicago Bulls were here in Utah to play against the Jazz. Michael was sick and looked pretty awful; I felt a bit of joy as I pictured the Jazz beating the Bulls without him. But, he played. An he dominated! That game, when he felt crappier than ever, he pushed himself, moved himself, and to spite his illness, he conquered!

The reason I hated Michael Jordan back then is the same reason I look up to him now: He was great. And he worked for it.

I have the most difficult time following through on the motivation I receive from quotes, movies, sports games, etc. I just seem to have a hard time remembering. Don't get me wrong, I work hard and do as good as I can on a lot of things, I just don't feel great most the time.

My sister and I have an ongoing list of quotes in the form of about 50 text, HTML, and Word documents on the computer. I am going through them now in some of my spare time to pull out favorites. Maybe I'll be great someday if I apply what I learn.

1 comment:

  1. Love you honey! I'm amazed at how focused you can be when you really want something! It's pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete